Chinese and Contemporary Dance
Introduction & Background
KCPSS Dance CCA offers a holistic pathway for aspiring students to be nurtured as a Servant Leader, then a technically proficient dancer.
By providing a caring, nurturing environment, KCPSS Dance seeks to inculcate a spirit of personal mastery and personal discipline in every dancer within the ensemble. These values has enabled the CCA to possess a long standing history of reaching high levels of performance results with mostly Distinctions and Accomplishments for their SYF Presentations.
Additionally Dance CCA has had the honour of performing for multiple distinguished guests like President Dr Tony Tan and Madam Halimah and showcased their talents to the community and school alumni as well.
By joining us, students can look forward to a conducive and nurturing environment with high engagement in, achievement through and enjoyment of learning in both their academic field as well as their area of Dance interest.
Students can look forward to multiple performance opportunities in various concerts, special celebratory occasions and even Dance Music Videos. During their time in KCPSS, they will minimally be included in one biannual Singapore Youth Festival Arts Presentation. Dancers will learn the value of teamwork and Servant Leadership with many graduates pursuing their interest in dance in higher education.
For more information on the programme, please visit https://staging.d38b8pvh8spt44.amplifyapp.com/the-kuo-chuan-experience/co-curricular-activities-cca/performing-arts/dance-ensemble/
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who are:
● Coordinated and comfortable with bodily expressions using dance forms.
● Interested and can appreciate different dance genres and styles
|KCPSS Selection Criteria
|Evidence and Records
|Any portfolios or audio/video recordings to highlight aptitude in talent area
|Applicants should preferably have at least one or more of the following areas:
● Technical Proficiency in Ballet: Grade 4 RAD (Royal Academy Dance) or equivalent
● Contemporary: Some experience with accompany certification (e.g., NAFA- Nanyang academy of Fine Arts )
● Chinese Dance: Some experience (e.g., NAFA- Nanyang academy of Fine Arts )
● Rhythmic Gymnastics: Training experience with accompanying certification (eg. SWAGA - Singapore Women’s’ Artistic Gymnastics Academy)
● Any other accredited certification in Dance genres
|Motivation and Interest
|Brief personal statement (not exceeding 100 words) addressing the following areas:
● What are some personal qualities you have that will make you suitable for this talent area?
● What do you hope to gain from coming to KCPSS?
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.