Introduction & Background
The KCPSS Choir values are: Aspire, Perseverance and Teamwork.
We aim to provide a holistic education through Choir to develop music literacy, interest and skills in singing as well as to develop performance excellence, to build character, team spirit, leadership skills and confidence.
The choir training programme focuses on voice projection, breathing techniques, aural training, sight singing, music theory and simple choreography.
Join us now if you think you have what it takes to be part of a dynamic team!
For more information on the programme, please visit
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants with:
● A strong interest in choral singing
● Ability to pitch
● Foundation in rudiments of Music Theory
● Good sense of musical rhythm
|KCPSS Selection Criteria
|Evidence and Records
|Any portfolios or audio/video recordings to highlight aptitude in talent area
● Singing performances
|Records of certification in music. Applicants should preferably have one or more of the following:
● Prior SYF participation in Choir
● Attained Music Theory of at least Grade 3
|Motivation and Interest
|Brief personal statement (not exceeding 100 words) addressing the following areas:
● What are some personal qualities you have that will make you suitable for this talent area?
● What do you hope to learn from coming to KCPSS?
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.