Introduction & Background
The KCPSS English Drama Club seeks to provide opportunities to develop students’ talents and lifelong passion for the arts. Through building students’ foundation in acting and stagecraft, the English Drama Club endeavours to help students build character and the confidence to speak and express themselves in front of a large audience.
Some programmes and activities of the English Drama Club include:
● School performances
● Participation in the Singapore Youth Festival
For more information on the programme, please visit https://staging.d38b8pvh8spt44.amplifyapp.com/the-kuo-chuan-experience/co-curricular-activities-cca/performing-arts/drama/
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who are:
● Confident in expressing themselves using words or actions
● Comfortable performing on stage in front of an audience
|KCPSS Selection Criteria
|Evidence and Records
|Any portfolios or audio/video recordings of performances to highlight aptitude in talent area
● Drama performances
● Public speaking or hosting engagements
|Applicants should preferably have at least one or more of the following:
● Record of school representation in external events or competitions (e.g. Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Arts presentation for Drama)
● Record of acting/drama performance in school or external events
● Formal certification in Acting/Public speaking
● Record of other achievement(s) or attainment(s) in Drama/Public Speaking
|Motivation and Interest
|Brief personal statement (not exceeding 100 words) addressing the following areas:
● What are some personal qualities you have that will make you suitable for this talent area?
● What do you hope to gain from coming to KCPSS?
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.