Introduction & Background
At KCPSS Band, we aim to develop every Band member into musicians who play music to inspire, and who continue to appreciate music after graduation. Through a variety of experiences (e.g. camps, public and school performances), we provide opportunities for members to hone not just their musical skills, but also leadership skills. Besides learning to play an instrument, members would have developed other valuable skills such as sight reading, playing music by ear, and coordinating with others in making music together.
We welcome passionate, talented and committed individuals who want to join the KCPSS Band to make music that moves and inspires!
For more information on the programme, please visit
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants with:
- Passion for music
- Competency in playing a band instrument (double bass included)
Things to prepare for Band audition:
- Two contrasting solo pieces (one slow and one fast piece, NOT band pieces)
- Sight-reading (score will be provided on the spot)
|KCPSS Selection Criteria
|Evidence and Records
|Evidence of Aptitude
|Audio/video recordings to highlight aptitude in relevant Band instrument
● Videos of solo performances with a band instrument
|Applicants should preferably have:
● Experience with Band pursued either at CCA level or externally.
● Record of performances or involvement in concerts at local level and beyond
● Any certification in Band instruments
|Motivation and Interest
|Brief personal statement (not exceeding 100 words) addressing the following areas:
● What are some personal qualities you have that will make you suitable for Band?
● What do you hope to gain from coming to KCPSS?
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.