Introduction & Background
The Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Guzheng Ensemble seeks to provide opportunities to develop students’ talents and lifelong passion for the arts. Through various music experiences planned (e.g. performance during school events, concerts), the Guzheng Ensemble endeavours to help students build character, foster friendships, cultivate a sense of belonging to the school, as well as an appreciation for Chinese culture through music.
Some programmes and activities of the Guzheng ensemble include:
● School performances
● Public performances
● Participation in the Singapore Youth Festival
For more information on the programme, please visit https://staging.d38b8pvh8spt44.amplifyapp.com/the-kuo-chuan-experience/co-curricular-activities-cca/performing-arts/guzheng/
What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants with:
● Experience performing in Chinese ensembles, preferably in Guzheng.
● A sense of appreciation for music performed by Chinese ensembles
|KCPSS Selection Criteria
|Evidence and Records
|Any portfolios or audio/video recordings to highlight aptitude in talent area
|Applicants should preferably have one or more of the following:
● Prior experience performing with Chinese ensembles, preferably in Guzheng
● Formal certification in Guzheng
● Performed at school, SYF or any other platform/competition as part of a Chinese ensemble.
|Motivation and Interest
|Brief personal statement (not exceeding 100 words) addressing the following areas:
● What are some personal qualities you have that will make you suitable for this talent area?
● What do you hope to gain from coming to KCPSS?
Meeting all the criteria does not guarantee the student will be shortlisted or given an offer.